Woodstock – The Winter Beauty
I awoke to an amazing storm yesterday which is continuing today, tomorrow and appears on friday. There’s something about waking up and seeing the white glow of snow being weighted down on the tree branches from your bedroom. Right now, it sounds like rain drops falling as it becomes light.
Pluses to a good snow storm:
1. Shoveling – love it. Good tension tamer
2. Indiana girl comes out in me and wants to 4 wheel drive all day
3. Fires – Collecting firewood with a foot of snow on the ground. Its like you’re back in time, and the reptilian survival mode of the brain comes out. Very rewarding if you get a successful fire
4. Its quiet – you here the clatter of rain hitting the side of the house instead of chatter of whose got who/what
5. Simply beautiful
6. You feel like a kid, want to take the day off and play hooky, ski, throw snow balls, sled, and of course drink some pints with your friends. Nothing like having a snow day at 5 or 45.
7. Your body is telling you forget the salad, I need a burger, you know something that will get me through the day. I love that the most, cooking on the stove, and seeing people get out of their normal habits due to a storm.
8. LOVE snow foot prints. Not sure why, could be from me, my dogs or a deer, there’s something majestic about snow prints.
A. I like seeing white amongst all the black we see and wear today.Me included. Getting tired of wearing black. White’s a nice change going to add more white to the wardrobe.
B. Without question a time for us all to take a break/change from our usual routines and realize nature is still in control. If you have travel plans – deal. You will be stuck, and maybe that’s a good thing. It slows us down a bit, that’s what I love the most about these storms- is the pace. The snow hits at a certain pace, the driving slows down to another, and our bodies mostly take a moment to think about #10….
10. Def. Thinking its time to do #1 #3 #6.
FOLLOW MORE GREAT WOODSTOCK STORIES LIKE THESE, AT: