Peter Wolf trivia contest and free MP3
**NOTE: This contest is now closed. Thanks to everyone who entered, and congratulations to our winner, Brent Davis. Please stay tuned for more great contests!
As has been mentioned on this site a few times already (check out this interview and preview), Peter Wolf has an excellent new album out Midnight Souvenirs. If you’re curious, we’d like to share this free MP3 of “Thick As Thieves”. Also, to celebrate the release, we’re teaming up with the folks at Universal to give away an autographed numbered limited edition lithograph print of the album’s coverart, originally painted by Peter Wolf (if you’re curious, there’s an image of the lithograph to the right there).
To enter the contest, simply leave a comment on this blog post answering the questions below. The person who answers the most questions correctly will win the lithograph.
Please note All entries must be posted as comments to this blog post. Entries posted on Facebook or as separate blog posts on this site will not be counted. To leave a comment on this blog post, scroll down to where there’s a text field. Enter your answers there, then click on “Add comment.” Also, we understand, once someone has answered questions correctly, it’s fairly simple to copy that person’s answers and re-post them in your own comment. So, if several people get most or all of the questions correct, we will choose the winner at random from that pool.
This contest will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on Monday, April 12, 2010.
And now, without further ado, the trivia questions:
1. When not a solo artist, what is the band Peter Wolf is the frontman for?
2. What popular Boston radio station did Peter DJ for in his early days?
3. What was his DJ moniker?
4. What was the name of Peter’s first band?
5. What is the name of the J. Geils Band classic song that is heard in a current TV ad campaign?
6. What magazine tapped his last solo album, “Sleepless,” as one of the “500 greatest albums of all time”?
7. Is Peter himself the artist of the drawings and paintings found within the pages of “Midnight Souvenirs”?
8. What artists also appear on “Midnight Souvenirs”?
9. Many of the songs on “Midnight Souvenirs” were co-written by which Oscar-winning songwriter?
10. Peter has an amazing collection of what item in his home?
11. What’s your favorite Peter Wolf or J. Geils Band song, and why?