Kickstarter is a fine organization and other Boca Chica updates
So this blog is meant to be thoughts about music as well as updates about my band, Boca Chica. Here’s what we have been up to lately, in handy numbered form.
Table of Contents:
1. We just launched a Kickstarter project. Help us make a new record!
2. A video! A video about sheep!
3. Did you know we were on a label? Here is a track we wrote for a World Cup compilation put out by said label.
4. Oh, the Europeans love us. We recorded a song with Lohio for this Norwegian label called Eardrums Pop!
5. New record, new record, new record!
1. Do you know about Kickstarter? It’s a way to get funding for supercool creative projects. I just set up a Kickstarter project to help us make our next album. You “donate” money in exchange for “rewards”. In our case, I set it up so that it functions like pre-sales. Donate 10 bucks, get a digital download of the new record, $13 for a CD, etc… There are also some pretty cool other rewards like songs written just for you and the opportunity to write a Boca Chica set list. Check it out! There’s a video!
2. Holy crap, we have a music video. Oh, hell yes. Brooklyn photographer Eric Arnstein and former Boca drummer Jeff Ryan made a really sweet stop motion video about sheep (sheep!) for our song “Like Sheep in the Night”. It is so very cute. Keep your eyes peeled for a band appearance in the last 30 seconds. Watch it here.
3. In January, we put out an EP called “Valentine” on Indiecater Records. Indiecater is an awesome small label based out of Dublin, Ireland. It has been a pleasure and a privelege to work with them. In addition to putting out digital EPs, they also release supercool compilations. (We put out a song on their Christmas comp last year). They just released a World Cup compilation with a song for every country in the 2010 World Cup. We wrote a song for Algeria. You can stream the whole thing for free here. It’s also available for purchase for 5 Euros (Lord knows what that’s worth these days…)
4. The Europeans, they love us. What can I say? In addition to all the Indiecater love this year, we also released a track called “Afternoon Tea” on Eardrums Pop!, a small Norwegian label. They had the glorious idea to release a compilation of band collaborations. We recorded “Afternoon Tea” with our good friends Lohio. You can download the entire comp for free here.
5. You already know we’re making a new record, but let me just gush a little: it’s going to be great. We’re recording with our new guitarist J. at his studio. It’s going to be dark and twangy and feature at least 2 songs about firearms. There will also be strings and horns and a song about lions. You’re gonna love it.
The Girl from Boca Chica