Doesn't have to be a great revelation. Doesn't have to change the year in music. Could be old. Could be new. Just has to do it for this week. So what is doing it for you this week?

Views: 104416

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

'Learning to Flinch' is one of the best live records - Warren live was special.

Women and Work, Lucero.

Favorite song this week: "Little Fire" by Patty Griffin. Incredible.

Listen live! Americana Nirvana Internet Radio

That is a beautiful song indeed. I'm enjoying the ANIR stream too - thanks!

Sun Midnight Sun by Sara Watkins

The return of Sara Petite to the UK stage has had me upping the play count on her three albums - Tiger Mountain, Lead The Parade and Doghouse Rose.  Hard not to smile when listening; impossible at a show.

I'm liking "Life Will Find A Way" by the Grascals

Paul Thorn's WHAT THE HELL IS GOIN' ON?

To assuage the post-Kilkenny festival blues listening to plenty of Rod Picott,Amanda Shires,Israel Nash Gripka and Hiss Golden Messenger,especially "Poor Moon"...and before the live Bruce onslaught over the next few weeks giving "Wrecking Ball" some time too.

Also enjoying Anais Mitchell-"Young Man In America"(cheers Declan for turning me on to this one!) and Danish pedal steel player Maggie Bjorklund's "Coming Home".Nice!

Rod Picott and Amanda Shires and both highly talented artists and deserve far greater recognition than they currently get. Rod has a string of fine releases under his belt, especially "Tiger Tom Dixon's Blues", "Stray Dogs" and "Welding Burns" while Amandas' "Carrying Lightning" is a superb effort.

"When Bitter Met Sweet", the new CD from the Honeycutters. Definitely doing it for me! 

This video is of a song from their first CD...

Thanks for introducing me to The Honeycutters Pete, I am digging them now myself this week along with anything by Will Kimbrough and the new Jerry Jeff Walker tribute by Todd Snider.

RSS

Sponsors

If you enjoy this site please consider helping us with a small donation!

Don't like PayPal? Mail a check to: No Depression, 460 Bush St., San Francisco, CA 94108

When you shop at Amazon please enter through this search box and No Depression receives a referral fee

Notes

FAQ

Created by No Depression Feb 17, 2009 at 9:06pm. Last updated by No Depression Sep 24, 2012.