VARIOUS TIPS TO SAVE MONEY WHEN YOU SHIFT TO A NEW CITY
Shifting to another country means leaving your home permanently and accepting the new place completely. Many students want to go abroad to study and some of them are satisfied with their decision whereas some are regretting. Start a whole new life without the support of your loved ones is not an easy task. It will take time to adjust to a new environment and with new people. But if one is determined in doing this so then it is not impossible. You can easily adapt to the new environment as well as people.
The most important thing while going abroad is to book your accommodation. Many people fail in this but the ones who have taken this decision correctly are happier there. There are many options available for the students like a studio, shared apartments, etc from which they select. Earlier this task was the most typical one but now online websites like Amber student is helping the students to find the right accommodation for them. You can book a Birmingham student accommodation studio if you want. Studying abroad is a very costliest affair and you have to pay heavy fees and many other expenses there. You cannot minimize all those expenses but you can minimize your accommodation expense by exploring all the options and then making your decision.
But still, you must handle your expenses and money carefully so that you don’t have to face a shortage of cash. For those, you have not earned a single dollar yet have to meet many expenses here. So, they must know about all the tips and tricks through which they can save money. They must know how to save finance, utilize it, and handle it properly. So, here are some of the tips:
- Plan, plan and plan: planning can avoid any kind of monetary shortage which the people face commonly. You must know how much you have and how you are going to spend it. Make your personal budget with which you can keep track of your entire expenses well. You can also open a savings account to get interested in your savings and so on.
- Find affordable accommodation: when you find accommodation just as per your budget you can save so much of cost. You can explore all the options available to you and only then make your decision about accommodation. You can save your money by availing offers or any discounts.
- Apply for a credit card: after opening your account apply for the cards. Try to make good credit history with credit cards. You must secure a good credit score. It is always better to have a high credit score. Your credit score can be maximized or increased if you pay bills in advance, understand the working of credit cards, don’t underestimate the last dates, and so on.
- Keep a check on your monthly expenses: try to keep a check on the monthly expenses incurred so that you can record every transaction carefully. Make spreadsheets to write expenses and on. If you are living with a group in shared apartments or shared en-suites then you have to pay more attention to the monthly expenses as they have to be shared in equal parts. The monthly expenses for the initial months will be higher so don’t panic as you will be new at the place and will not be aware of cheap and best alternatives. But once you become familiar with the environment you will be able to reduce your monthly expenses.
- Open your bank account: if you are having your domestic bank account in your home country but you must open an international bank account. So, it will be easier for you to make payments there. So, to be paperless try to open a bank account in your new city.
- Get exciting deals on shopping: you can even do online shopping and can avail of many discounts or offers. If you are using a card to make payment then make sure the website is secured and safe. You can try to make online payments to get monetary benefits, cash backs, best deals or discounts, and so on. If you are going for offline shopping mode then only buy whatever is necessary with this you can save your money.
- Grocery shopping at a new place: in your local town you are well aware of where you can get your grocery items. But in a new country, you may not be aware in this case going to a grocery store is the right option. If you are their regular customers then you can apply for their membership to avail discounts. You can save your money by shopping carefully. You can even make a list of items that are required in your kitchen or in private halls of residence.
- Tips for other utilities: you can turn off the chargers when not in use it will save electricity bill. You can even turn off the extra lights or fans if there is no one. Try to buy anything in groups so that the expense can be divided into individual.
- Other tips: try to avail of all the free offers on the various deals or in buying anything. Try to buy items which are high in quality so that you don’t have to buy them again or to avoid spending money on their repairs. Sharing a dual occupancy studio can be a better choice.
- Find a suitable job soon: as soon as you settle down in the new environment try to find a suitable job for you to do in your extra time. So, that you can utilize your extra time and earn something this will be very helpful for you financially. Every student is allowed to do any job for some hours and you must use all those hours to work.
So, here the following tips which can be very helpful for you when you are shifting to a new city. Use Amber student if you want to find any type of accommodation options for you.