Ten Things About The New Jeff Bridges’ Album
Dinner time…got two hungry kids and me to feed. So this will be extra quick. The new album doesn’t come out until August 16th, so it’s not like you’re in a rush to read a review. Right? But I did get to preview an advanced copy this afternoon. Its been a day I sort of wasted away despite a long list of things that needed to be done around the house. But while the wife is away, I goof off.
So here it is…ten things:
1. Jeff Bridges has a new album, produced by T-Bone Burnett who brings along his usual cast of stellar musicians to back up the man. This sounds like a T-Bone produced album of Jeff, not like Crazy Heart Part 2.
2. The man has the best hair and beard I think I’ve ever run across. And at his age? Please tell me they’re not implants or a wig.
3. This is not a mainstream country album. I’m not sure if it’s alt. I’m pretty sure I think I might like to listen to it again.
4. Despite that he is an actor, he released another solo record eleven years ago. Sounds a bit dated to me, not something I’d play. This one is much better.
5. He has a very, very cool website. There is a lot of stuff to read, listen and look at. I’m impressed.
6. This is the album cover.
7. He’s holding a really cool looking guitar. It’s a Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Special. What the hell…here’s Chet playing one:
8. His middle name is Leon, his younger sister’s name is Lucinda, he has been married to the same woman since 1977, they have three daughters and he has studied Buddhism and meditates. They live in in a very, very beautiful community south of Santa Barbara. (OK….this is more than ten things I realize.)
9. Dad: Sea Hunt. I watched it every time it was on when I was a kid. Lloyd Bridges.
10. The man is The Dude for god’s sake. This new album is worth a listen. It has some heft. Good sounds. And pedal steel. August 16th….