Rocking Magpie Top 20 Albums 2018
RMHQ Top 20 Albums 2018.
This end of year Top 10 Albums malarkey is proving ever more difficult…….. so far at RMHQ we have posted 279 reviews covering Americana, Country, Alt. Country, Cow Punk, Soul, Blues, Rhythm & Blues, Rock, Blues Rock, singer-songwriters, Folk, Alt. Folk, Nu-Folk, Ska AND Reggae!
Each individual album is here on it’s very own merits and we wrote about them because we liked ’em and passionately believed they needed to be heard around the world (speaking of which…….. we had visitors from 371 different countries during 2018!!! 371???? I didn’t know that there was that many!)
At one stage the spreadsheet for my Top 10 featured over 50 titles; such has been the quality of releases in 2018; but after a lot of deliberation and heartache, here is my own personal Top 20 albums that were released this year and each ‘surprised or fascinated’ me when I first heard them……….. sorry if you aren’t included.
Every album here was actually listened to, disected and the emotions they created written about.
- Kim Richey – Edgeland
- Malcolm Holcombe – Come Hell or High Water
- Big Boy Bloater – Pills
- Stephen Fearing – The Secret of Climbing
- Curse of Lono – As I Feel
- Gem Andrews – North
- Ruby Boots – Don’t Talk About It
- Bennett Wilson Poole – Bennett Wilson Poole
- Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite – No Mercy
- Prosecco Socialist – Songs From Behind Bars
- Kid Ramos – Old School
- John Hiatt – Eclipse Sessions
- Susie Vinnick – Shake The Love Around
- Abe Partridge – Cotton Fields and Blood For Days
- Dave Alvin & Jimmie Dale Gilmore – Downey to Lubbock
- Rod Picott – Out Past the Wires
- Capone & The Bullets – Fusion
- Ben Folke Thomas – Modern Man
- LeBarons Band – Summer of Death
- Frankie Davies – Wherever I Go.
This Top 20 and all the albums first appeared on https://rockingmagpie.wordpress.com/