New Live Record, SXSW, Fast Folk Revival, UW Audio Production Dept, and more…
Lots of stuff in this one, so here’s an outline:
1) New Live record is up on Bandcamp, Itunes, CDBaby, and needs reviews! 🙂
2) Fast Folk Revival was a stunning success!!
3) It is an honor to be on the UW Board of Audio Production Dept.
4) SXSW! I will be there…will you?
1) I know it got lost in the shuffle of the Fast Folk show, but I released a new record last week…did I mention that? 😉
This live record features several of my most requested songs, and also has two bonus tracks: two demo versions of “Everybody Knows”…One from my laptop, and one from the studio.
Some people like to hear the progression of how artists learn and record songs. I wanted to make them available to anyone who wanted to know…I heard the song and knew I had to record it. I stopped everything I was doing (I think I might have been changing Gabe’s diaper or something), picked up my guitar, learned it, and recorded this demo an hour after I heard the song for the first time. The next demo was the following year, when I was demoing all of the songs that we were considering putting on “Gifts and Burdens”. It almost didn’t make it on the record, but I’m glad it did!
Here are the links to the new record. A LOT of you have already heard it (because you preordered it, and you got it in, like…June!) but for those of you who JUST heard it, and purchased it recently, if you liked it, please take a few minutes and review it so other folks who haven’t heard of me might give it a listen.
Direct links to get the NEW live record: “One More Time: Live from the Island Music Center Hall”
BandCamp (RECOMMENDED): (download the entire record for $7.99, and individual MP3s are 89 cents AND…the “talking” MP3s are free…something that CD Baby and Itunes wouldn’t let me do…but on BandCamp, I do what I want! Plus, at Bandcamp, you pay for the MP3s, and I get the money immediately. No waiting for checks, or direct deposits…the money just goes into my Paypal account, and almost no percentage is taken by either company. That’s why I can keep the price way lower than Itunes and CD Baby.) http://hollyfigueroaoreilly.bandcamp.com/album/one-more-time-live-from-the-imc
Itunes: (download the entire record for $9.99, and individual MP3s are 99 cents) http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/one-more-time-live-from-island/id387303461
CD Baby: (download the entire record for $9.99, and individual MP3s are 99 cents) http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/hollyfigueroaoreilly
And if you preordered, you already have the free download link! If you preordered, and did NOT get the free download link, email me! email@example.com
As of right now, this record is available by download only. Several people have asked if there is going to be a physical CD made. Because I am not touring, and because I am making two more records before the end of the year (!), it doesn’t make a whole lot of financial sense for me to make physical copies of these recording at this point.
That said, if enough MP3s sell, I could see making some short runs of these new records. Time will tell.
2) The Fast Folk Revival was an AMAZING success! We had a huge, fantastic crowd beyond our wildest expectations, the artists were all just stellar, the venue was, as always, the best in town…there aren’t enough superlatives on the planet for me to convey how great this night was. Thank you to everyone who came. We hope to make this a semi frequent event. All of the artists had great ideas for the next one, and we are incorporating those ideas, and hope to have more info on who/what/when/where/how the next when will take place.
The night was recorded, and the songs I performed are up on No Depression!
Here’s the link: https://www.nodepression.com/profile/HollyFigueroaOReilly
(“Lay Them Down” should automatically start playing, and after that, “New York” is the other song I played. There is another version of “Lay Them Down”, ironically also recorded at the Triple Door 3 years ago at the CD Release of “Gifts and Burdens”.)
There are pictures of the evening on the No Depression site, too, and videos to come…I will post them there when I get them.
3) I was asked to be on the board of the University of Washington’s Audio Production Department this year. They asked me mainly because of my extensive history in the independent music industry, primarily working with women in all aspects of the music industry. They would like to increase their numbers of women taking classes in audio engineering. If you are a woman (or a man!) who is interested in learning how to be audio engineer, email me, and I will send you more information about the UW program, or you can visit their website at http://www.pce.uw.edu/prog.aspx?id=3649&terms=audio+production
4) I will be at SXSW in March, and have already been asked to sit on three or four panels (provided that those panels make it past the voting stages!). I am available for panels, talks, etc, and am looking into creating a showcase of my very favorite artists. I am very much looking forward to going to “South by” for the first time in almost 10 years.
I hope you are all doing well! There are LOTS more things happening around here, and I will have a lot of updates coming up. I will, however, be consolidating them, so don’t worry about lots of emails from me. Probably twice a month, at most, unless something fan TAS tic and timely happens that I think you should know about. 🙂