Bluegrass Job Opportunity – IBMA Seeks Executive Director!
EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITY – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE INTERNATIONAL BLUEGRASS MUSIC ASSOCIATION
The International Bluegrass Music Association (“IBMA”) is looking for a very special person to serve as its Executive Director and chief of staff beginning no later than February 2012. The IBMA is a 501(c)(6) trade organization with approximately 2300 members, predominantly from the U.S, but also from Canada, Europe, Asia and Latin America. The organization is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with offices on Music Row and has a support staff of 3 full-time employees, a 19 member Board of Directors with U.S and international members, and numerous committees and volunteers. The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors. The IBMA conducts and produces a number of the bluegrass music related programs and activities that can be reviewed on the IBMA website at: www.ibma.org.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate strength in most if not all of the following areas.
- Knowledge and love of bluegrass music
- Background or strong understanding of the non-profit sector
- Experience working with a Board of Directors, committees and volunteers
- Demonstrated fundraising and/or corporate sponsorship experience
- Strong public speaking and writing skills
- Excellent people and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of the music industry
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Bachelor degree or equivalent preferred
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to the Nashville area
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should provide the following:
- A written statement (max 1,000 words) expressing the candidates’ views on the future of bluegrass and IBMA’s role in service to the music.
Please send applications as Microsoft Word or pdf attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions can also be directed to the same address.
To receive full consideration, applications must be received by December 15, 2011.
3 to 5 references will be required of finalists later in the process.
All inquires and applications will be treated with complete confidentiality.
IBMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national origin, citizenship, sexual preference, disability, veteran or military status.