You need to be a member of No Depression Americana and Roots Music to add comments!

Join No Depression Americana and Roots Music

Comment by Joseph Filippazzo on December 5, 2012 at 11:17pm
I hear....Miss Emmylou Harris
Comment by Larabee on November 3, 2012 at 5:46am

This was great.  I'll always remember when this was performed because of the lack of an audience.

Comment by Mitchell (Bo) Parker on November 2, 2012 at 8:15pm

I know. I listen to Townes all often ... he lives on and will forever. I was just really taken in by what a great job Andrew and Tift did, sweet song ... sweet work. I'm sure Townes is smilin that Townes smile and he's likely penning a few more as he does in one form or another. Peace.

Comment by Kyla Fairchild on November 2, 2012 at 3:27pm

Good point Victoria.  I always assume that everyone knows it's a Townes Van Zandt cover!  I wonder if David Letterman knows?

Comment by victoria williams on November 2, 2012 at 2:40pm

no one mentioned Townes the author.

Comment by Mitchell (Bo) Parker on November 2, 2012 at 6:21am

... shut your eyes and you'll hear the "shades of Emmy Lou" as Tift gently weaves her harmonies as a sweetly rendered answer to Mr Bird's strong traditional rendering. The fiddle playing is spot on traditional ... albeit in tune, the chops are all there but not overstated,  and the back-beat rhythm of Tift's accoustic guitar an equally strong partner in the rendition.  Thanks for sharing ... sweet stuf .. thank I'll just play it agane ... a time or two.

Sponsors

If you enjoy this site please consider helping us with a small donation!

Don't like PayPal? Mail a check to: No Depression, 460 Bush St., San Francisco, CA 94108

When you shop at Amazon please enter through this search box and No Depression receives a referral fee

Notes