Your Own Personal MOUNT RUSHMORE Of Singer-Songwriters!

If you could choose 4 heads to comprise a Mount Rushmore-type tribute to American Singer-Songwriters(includes Canada and Mexico), who would they be?

Views: 6934

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jim Croce

Robert Earl Keen

Warren Zevon

Lyle Lovett

On behalf of those of us who live in Oceania ... just two names

Neil Finn

Paul Kelly

I'd like to add David McComb here, what a band The Triffids were. Australiana !

Neil Finn is pure genius. 

Paul  Simon (Senior Partner)

Bruce Springsteen (Senior Partner)

Patty Griffin (Associate Partner)

Ellis Paul (Associate Partner)

Ron Sexsmith (Backup Partner)

Paul Simon

Ry Cooder

Leonard Cohen 

James Taylor

Lowell George
Gregg Allman

Steve Earle

Jackson Browne

I hate to end what has been an entertaining and interesting discussion, but the real answer is John Prine, Guy Clark, Steve Earle and Townes Van Zandt.

After huge deliberation and contemplation I cannot limit  mine to four, so I wondered about a literal versus metaphorical split:  We could have a Stone Mountain with four of the cleanest living greats, and then a Stoner Mountain, with four that have had their inspiration ... assisted.  Allows us to double our picks!  But, darn it, where could we put the Great Reformed Ones? A third Mountain? And then, maybe in dakota, A Black Hill?  Wait!  A whole new post on all the different Mountains ..... One face for every Mesa in New Mexico?  Or let the geology determine the faces?  You know, Hard Rock, Soft Rock, Volcanic, Red Stone, Fossilized ... (I can think of a few for that one), Volcanic would be fun ....

And then I thought maybe it could be carved somewhere like New Zealand, which is Earthquake prone, and then, every once in a while a face might fall ... and we could reselect one ....

You may have picked up on the fact that I have terrible trouble devising lists .....

Bob Dylan

Merle Haggard

Billy Joe Shaver

Townes Van Zandt

Jim Cuddy                   Greg Keelor                Tom T Hall                Jerry Jeff Walker

lieber/ stoller

chuck berry

buddy holly

hank williams

willie dixon

RSS

Sponsors

If you enjoy this site please consider helping us with a small donation!

Don't like PayPal? Mail a check to: No Depression, 460 Bush St., San Francisco, CA 94108

When you shop at Amazon please enter through this search box and No Depression receives a referral fee

Notes

FAQ

Created by No Depression Feb 17, 2009 at 9:06pm. Last updated by No Depression Sep 24, 2012.