Doesn't have to be a great revelation. Doesn't have to change the year in music. Could be old. Could be new. Just has to do it for this week. So what is doing it for you this week?

Views: 94384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mate , i clicked on that out of boredom , got a day off , painted the fence already. I wasn't expecting much.

That is effing awesome. Thanks for posting it.

Stevie, I bought the new Honeycutters CD (which I love) after seeing Peter's post but for some reason I never watched this video until just a few minutes ago too.  I immediately went to Bandcamp and bought their first album "Irene".  Waiting right now for it to finish downloading so I can listen to it. Enjoy the day off!

Hello, I am a newbie to the site but a long time N D fan ( man I miss that rag big time still!) 

Of the  cd's I have picked up since Friday last, my favourite ( at the moment) is the latest offering from Counting Crows "Underwater Sunshine" ( or What We Did On Our Summer Vacation)

Loaded with wonderful covers and artfully done I might add

ANIMAL YEARS - josh ritter

Really digging...completely loving....totally buying into "Fear Fun" by Father John Misty...

Matt Harlan and the Sentimentals: Bow and Be Simple. Sometimes I get to the point of thinking, "Oh, no ... not another Texas singer/songwriter!" Then, I'm introduced to a Texas singer/songwriter who blows me away, like Matt Harlan. This quiet, ruminative album packs a real punch.

Took a listen to Matt....good stuff

I like this thread or blog or whatever the hell its called, its a living document and its now a new week so I would say that this week my fav is the Dave Alvin release of Eleven Eleven Expanded Edition which includes the original studio CD , a CD of the live show from the Ark in Ann Arbor, a bonus CD and a DVD of the show at the Ark from July 02 2011. I was in attendance at this show and can tell you that Dave and the Guilty Ones TORE IT UP that night! The DVD also includes interviews both interspersed occasionally between songs and separately....its well worth owning if you are a fan of Mr. Alvin and that beat up Fender Stratocastor he makes talk. 

Harkening back to the old days of the sixties, I actually picked up...dare I admit it...a bootleg. Recorded at the 2011 John Hartford Memorial Festival it's the Chris Hillman and Herb Perdersen set, straight off the soundboard. When these two sing together, as they've been doing now for decades, it just takes me back to all of those old brother duos....Louvin, Delmore, Everly. 

Two other things that are making my ears smile....a London band called Galley Beggar and the new one by Sun Kil Moon. 

I just listened to Restless Sinners by Galley Beggars ( great name btw ) and I LIKED ! thanks for the heads up on this one! 

Been revisiting an old fave this week "Uncle Charlie & His Dog Teddy" by Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. What an absolutely CLASSIC album it is , truly amazing !

love those early NGDB albums!

RSS

Sponsors

If you enjoy this site please consider helping us with a small donation!

Don't like PayPal? Mail a check to: No Depression, 460 Bush St., San Francisco, CA 94108

When you shop at Amazon please enter through this search box and No Depression receives a referral fee

Notes

FAQ

Created by No Depression Feb 17, 2009 at 9:06pm. Last updated by No Depression Sep 24, 2012.