Doesn't have to be a great revelation. Doesn't have to change the year in music. Could be old. Could be new. Just has to do it for this week. So what is doing it for you this week?

Views: 104416

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have that box set Ron , brilliant !

Two more great tunes from that CD are 'Devonside' and 'How I Wanted To'....in fact 'Devonside' is one my all-time great RT tunes...it is that good...glad you found him...

Still loving Shovels & Rope's O' BE JOYFUL, but my favorite album this week is Tom Russell's BORDERLAND(2001).

All I been listening to is Cody Jink's new album "30"

For Emma Forever Ago. Can't stop playing it.

John Fullbrights - From the ground up - so far its my record of the year - hands down - in what i would say has been a pretty good year so far

This weeks fav..... Fred Eaglesmith "6 volts" the more I play it, the better it gets!  Fred's material has never failed to please me, but this album harks back to the lyrical and musical stylings of his " Things Is Changin'"  release and strikes me the right way.

The cut " Stars" on this release is a small glimpse of how hard working Fred's band is.... he speaks of his old  friend and former mandolin player,Willie P. Bennett in this song .... Corrie played the drums,Willie played the mandolin, he jumped around the stage, he thought that it would never end.    

This is one hard working artist and it is beyond me as to why he is not a household name when it comes to singer songwriters.

WEB

It's a pity , i don't keep up as much as i should cos Fred is little known over here. My bad though , it's all online , i should remember him more.

Lipstick Lies and Gasoline  was my intro to Fred , an album i consider a classic.

Fred's Big Hair coulda been about my wife. Well, back in the 80's -

"The other day she's runnin', up on Miller's Ridge

She didn't see the sign, she got stuck beneath the bridge

It took the cops an hour, to get her outa there,

My baby's got big hair."

Downloaded Kasey Chambers Storybook from Amazon last week for$3.99, It is covers by her, I like it

'Satisfied At Last'------Joe Ely

'Tank Full of Blues'---Dion

Favorite 2012 releases this week:

• Jimmy Cliff – Rebirth…A
  • Gold Motel – Gold Motel…B
  • Cory Chisel and The Wandering Sons – Old Believers…B
  • Shovels and Rope – O’ Be Joyful…B

Great albums of the past recently “discovered”:

• Dan Auerbach – Keep it Hid (2009)…A-
  • Maria McKee – Peddlin’ Dreams (2005)…B+

RSS

Sponsors

If you enjoy this site please consider helping us with a small donation!

Don't like PayPal? Mail a check to: No Depression, 460 Bush St., San Francisco, CA 94108

When you shop at Amazon please enter through this search box and No Depression receives a referral fee

Notes

FAQ

Created by No Depression Feb 17, 2009 at 9:06pm. Last updated by No Depression Sep 24, 2012.