Doesn't have to be a great revelation. Doesn't have to change the year in music. Could be old. Could be new. Just has to do it for this week. So what is doing it for you this week?

Views: 94369

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Ryan Adams fans, we apologize for the technical problems with the sale of Live After Deaf. The sale will be postponed until Monday, 4pm est. We will work with our hosting company over the weekend to ensure the problems are rectified well before then. We realize that a great deal of time was wasted by people clicking refresh for hours, and we were right there with you clicking refresh and pulling out our hair. We accept full responsibility for these problems and we ask for your understanding as we promise to make Monday a much better experience. Please see http://site.paxamrecords.com/news/ for full details.

Probably Lex Hives by The Hives closely followed by ZZ Tops latest ep.

http://itsaxxxxthing.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/hives-lex-hives.html

Matthew Ryan vs The Silver State

New Sun Kil Moon record " Among The Leaves" 

Kelly Hogan's "I Like To Keep Myself In Pain"

and looking forward to Awna Texeira's "Where The Darkness Goes" as the kickstarter download just appeared in the inbox :)

Drag the River It's Crazy. This one has been in my collection for a while, but I revisited it this week and it is just as good as ever. I love the song "Amazing G." It is about a woman that will probably show you a good time, but will definitely wear you out.

This week I have been wearing out Trampled by Turtles - "Stars and Satellites". It may just be me but the more I listen to it, it reminds me of a stripped down Railroad Earth.

Gary Sunshine's The Nerve of some people has blown me away.

I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for No Depression either.

http://itsaxxxxthing.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/gary-sunshine-nerve-of-...

Black Keys. El Camino. It's been that kind of week.

Graham Nash - Wild Tales.

As recommended by Jonathan Wilson !

Listening to Neil Diamond's "His 12 Greatest Hits" - getting excited about the concert in two weeks!

Favourite song right now a tie between Ryan Adams' "Please Do Not Let Me Go" or Wakey!Wakey!'s "War Sweater"

Well... Ryan's set went on sale today. Came home at 3:45pm to prepare (LOL). Set went on sale at 4pm. Was back at work by 4:15pm. Relatively painless this time. Was a nerdy nervous wreck. Really wanted it. Signed in early and had the album name typed in the search engine so all I had to do was refresh until they posted the album. Hit Canada and then the torture began. Took about 5 minutes to get to the cart then 5+ minutes for paypal to register. Thought for sure I had lost it. Just heard that a lot of people had the album in their carts only for it to mysteriously disappear. Limit to one per customer.

Was happy and satisfied. Slightly smug (I'm ashamed of my self, seriously). They've promised that no more physical sets will be released ever. Just found out that they're going to be releasing all the regular tracks and possibly some (though they promise not all) of the bonus tracks digitally. They have promised to wait until the majority of the physical sets ordered reach their destinations. I still would have bought the set if I'd known they were doing this. I prefer my collections to be in physical form. I've lost digital music too often to completely trust it. HOWEVER, I am a bit pis... er... peeved. Kinda diminishes the specialness or limitedness of the set. Likely will decrease optimum resale value big time. Not that I would resell it but still... Same thing happened with Orion. Bought the special set thinking that was it and then they released the regular vinyl version. Not loving this scenerio. Should've expected it. He'll make alot more money. Good for him, I guess... Til then I wont be satisfied until I actually see this thing. Have the official receipt but still... I'd rather not have my money back because the computer or some idiot screwed the orders up. Fingers crossed.

And now that my rant is done... I GOT A SET! :) Can't believe how fast they sold out!

Oh... and in case you're wondering... I paid $182.29 Canadian by the time I used my $2 worth of Ryan "money" from the Ashes & Fire set, shipping was added, and the currency exchange occured. Yes. I am a nerd. I have no regrets. Touch wood. :)

Even though for the 200 and some odd songs it is a deal compared to itunes, Ryan is likely the only artist I would ever pay that kind of money for. Maybe early Dylan... Maybe...

Attachments:

Good for you.

RSS

Sponsors

If you enjoy this site please consider helping us with a small donation!

Don't like PayPal? Mail a check to: No Depression, 460 Bush St., San Francisco, CA 94108

When you shop at Amazon please enter through this search box and No Depression receives a referral fee

Notes

FAQ

Created by No Depression Feb 17, 2009 at 9:06pm. Last updated by No Depression Sep 24, 2012.