Doesn't have to be a great revelation. Doesn't have to change the year in music. Could be old. Could be new. Just has to do it for this week. So what is doing it for you this week?

Views: 104649

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where did you find the Sketches For Portraits?  Unfazed is a great record but I haven't come across the demos
Brendan Cooke saw them as a support act a few years back and they were selling it at the show. Only 100 copies, he got No.42...really good

World Without Tears-Lucinda Williams

Wondering if I'm the only one who didn't know that Ringo had done a "country" album?

I've spent years trying to forget about it.
:P I thought two of the songs were cute. The rest were... um... not quite to my taste.
Luke Doucet, Steel City Trawler.  I can't get "Dirty, Dirty Blonde" out of my head!!
I dunno. Love me that Lucinda Williams, "Essence''....
I review many cd's and most recently came across an Americana artist from Texas named Samuel Barker. He sounds like Chris Knight and writes some great songs. I know Folk Artist Otis Gibbs is a fan, I recently came across him wearing a Samuel Barker shirt. That being said I thought I would share a link with you guys so that other people could hear him and maybe open you up to something I stumbled upon. 

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/samuelbarker 

http://samuelbarker.bandcamp.com/album/all-this-for-gas-money 

Hope you enjoy. 

Cheers!

Bobby Long ~ A Winter Tale

Steve Cropper ~ Dedicated

Emmylou Harris ~ Hard Bargain

This week....."Mission Bell"  /  Amos Lee

this week listening to...

Dolorean-The Unfazed

John Hiatt-Dirty Jeans and Mudslide Hymns

Fountains of Wayne-Sky Full of Holes

Mark Kozelek-Lost Verses Live

Lindsey Buckingham-Seeds We Sow

Rainer-17 Miracles

RSS

Sponsors

If you enjoy this site please consider helping us with a small donation!

Don't like PayPal? Mail a check to: No Depression, 460 Bush St., San Francisco, CA 94108

When you shop at Amazon please enter through this search box and No Depression receives a referral fee

Notes

FAQ

Created by No Depression Feb 17, 2009 at 9:06pm. Last updated by No Depression Sep 24, 2012.