Real country acts that write it, sing it and just do it the right way!

There is band out there I have been watching and listening to for about 5 years and they get better everytime I see them! Cody Jinks & The Tone Deaf Hippies are about as country as you could hope for and about as nice of guys as you"ll ever meet.There are alot bands out there with good lead singers and  fewer who are also good songwriters.Cody Jinks in my mind is the complete package in what I look for.This guy has a voice as good as Dale Watson or George Strait,but writes like a combination of Steve Earle and Billy Joe Shaver.Of course his skills as writer is what draws me and his delivery makes you wonder why he hasn't had a hand full of top ten songs.If you take the time to search him out on you tube or his web site you will see what I mean! Thats the problem with the state of country music today,He doesn't look,act,dress or write stupid bullshit formula name dropping songs the charts are full of!

If I were recomending a place to start I would say listen to "Cowboys and Hippies" and you will get a feel of where this dude is coming from.

It's about time bands like this reap alittle of what they deserve!

These guys are out of texas and they come to a little bar in Missouri called The Snorty Horse and they pack the house 3 or 4 times a year!

If you have one of these bands please list them on here I am always looking for good music

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Liam Fitzgerald & The Rainieros, Wayne "The Train" Hancock, Magnolia Electric Co (although they are squarely Americana, not country).

RSS

Sponsors

If you enjoy this site please consider helping us with a small donation!

Don't like PayPal? Mail a check to: No Depression, 460 Bush St., San Francisco, CA 94108

When you shop at Amazon please enter through this search box and No Depression receives a referral fee

Notes

FAQ

Created by No Depression Feb 17, 2009 at 9:06pm. Last updated by No Depression Sep 24, 2012.