Folk Alliance International Conference

Who will be attending this year's Folk Alliance conference?  If any Village Records customers are going to be there I would love to meet you in person. 

Two showcases on my "must see" list are Rod Picott and Andrew Hardin-Jeannie Burns.  Check out the lineup at the link above.

What artists is everyone else excited to see?

Cheers,

Bill Lavery/Village Records

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In conjunction with Jenni Finley Promotions out of Austin, the music business publicity company I run here in Toronto is holding four late-evening showcases inn a suite at the Delta Chelsea Hotel during Folk Alliance.

We've called the suite Crossing Borders, and Jenni and I are gonna mix up our clients and friends  — crossing borders and, we hope, making friends. 

I think some Americans seem a little bit scared of crossing our border — but even though it's a bit chilly and there's some snow on the ground, the welcome they'll get in Toronto to will warm their hearts.

Like Bill, I can't wait to hear Andrew and Jeannie, and Rod Picott is one of some 30-odd artists who'll be playing at Crossing Borders. The people at Folk Alliance, I think, were a little nervous of holding the event in Toronto - foreign country, borders, new city, new hotel, strange accents (eh?) and lots of players they'd never heard of. Despite all that, registrations are apparently WAY ahead of what they were in Memphis, and it's gonna be a hugely successful event.

If any of you need information, guided tours, recommendations for good restaurants, etc. drop me a line (rflohil@sympatico.ca) and you'll get a cheerful response. (Don't ask me to look for gigs when you're here, though — the early birds have booked up every venue for 50 miles around already).

We've sent the red carpet out to the cleaners, but it'll be back in time to welcome all you foreigners to Toronto. It's a cool town, lots of fine music, and good people. And there'll be late night drinks at the Crossing Borders suite...

Richard Flohil/Richard Flohil & Associates

RSS

Sponsors

If you enjoy this site please consider helping us with a small donation!

Don't like PayPal? Mail a check to: No Depression, 460 Bush St., San Francisco, CA 94108

When you shop at Amazon please enter through this search box and No Depression receives a referral fee

Notes

FAQ

Created by No Depression Feb 17, 2009 at 9:06pm. Last updated by No Depression Sep 24, 2012.