Arlene's Discussions (55)

Discussions Replied To (51) Replies Latest Activity

"I don't know if this is what you are thinking of but about a decade ago, CMT used to…"

Arlene replied Apr 17 to Americana show on G.A.C or maybe C.M.T ?

4 Apr 20
Reply by Daniel Wheeler

"It deprends how you define country--In addition to the ones you've already mentioned…"

Arlene replied Feb 19 to Best Current Country Music Being Made By Women?

66 Jun 16
Reply by Drew Ford

"Chuck Brodsy- "Moe Berg: The Song" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uto2dtaeu44   Emmy…"

Arlene replied Feb 14 to Songs Rooted in History?

48 Feb 22
Reply by EE Roberts

"My father, who passed away in 2005, used to love to tell the story of how, in 1956,…"

Arlene replied Feb 7 to Remembering Pete Seeger... Please share your remembrances, favorite songs, concerts, etc.

3 Feb 8
Reply by Terry Roland

"- The Bristol Sessions in 1927, the big bang in country music; -Gerde's Folk City in…"

Arlene replied Jan 24 to When Would You Like to Have Been A Fly On The Wall......

28 Feb 18
Reply by Louis Richardson

"The City Winery,  Joe's Pub and Rockwood Music Hall are almost certainly your best b…"

Arlene replied Jan 22 to Americana in NYC

18 Apr 2
Reply by Lyndon Bolton

"I had thought that "Make Me a Pallet On Your Floor" was written by Gillian Welch whe…"

Arlene replied Jan 17 to That's A Cover?

66 Jan 19
Reply by therewolff

"Springsteen. That is all."

Arlene replied Dec 30, 2013 to Who is the absolute best you've ever seen live?

262 Jun 15
Reply by Dave Crotts

"In 2005 or 2006 I attended the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in San Francisco a…"

Arlene replied Dec 4, 2013 to Meeting the band: What do you say?

46 Dec 22, 2013
Reply by Victoria Woodworth

"I enjoyed the Jim Lauderdale documentary, "The King of Broken Hearts."   Also,  ther…"

Arlene replied Nov 12, 2013 to Awesome Documentaries about roots/independent musicians

34 May 26
Reply by Bruce Brantley

RSS

Sponsors

If you enjoy this site please consider helping us with a small donation!

Don't like PayPal? Mail a check to: No Depression, 460 Bush St., San Francisco, CA 94108

When you shop at Amazon please enter through this search box and No Depression receives a referral fee

Notes

FAQ

Created by No Depression Feb 17, 2009 at 9:06pm. Last updated by No Depression Sep 24, 2012.