Uncategorized (944)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Country music for grown-ups of all ages...

...not to be confused with the hip-hop "bro-country" (which seems to be aimed at teens and "tweens") that is saturating the airwaves. Of co…

Started by Kurt Fortmeyer

13 Jul 21
Reply by Kurt Fortmeyer

About to take the plunge into vinyl--any pointers?

Well, more like I am about to dip my toe into vinyl. It would be really easy to spend thousands of dollars getting into the medium, and I h…

Started by M.C. Walker

26 Jul 20
Reply by M.C. Walker

Is there such a thing as an objectively good song?

Been thinking a lot about whether some songs are objectively good and some songs are objectively unqualified crap. I say yes. There is no d…

Started by Uncle Marky

24 Jul 19
Reply by steviedal

Best Blues Albums of 2014

Gary Burnett did a good job setting up the Best Blues Albums of 2013 discussion so let's get 2014 going. The first one that comes to mind i…

Started by Dave Crotts

4 Jul 17
Reply by Jack Williams

The Poet Laureate of Alt. Country?

Ray Wylie Hubbard earns that honor with this song alone, and throws in the rest of his great body of work for spare change:   Here's the…

Started by Lost Hills

113 Jul 17
Reply by Dennis Nyman

Happy Mother's Day Playlist! What would you add to the list?

Started by Hal Bogerd

36 Jul 10
Reply by Kurt Fortmeyer

Funny Songs

Okay, Maggie and I spend road trips talking about stuff, and this time she started singing Roger Miller's  - ‘Can't Rollerskate in a Buffal…

Started by Lucky Mud

146 Jul 10
Reply by Kurt Fortmeyer

The Love Songs You're Lovin' On Right Now

"What the world needs now is love, sweet love..."  Due to everything that has been in the news this past week, I think we could all use a l…

Started by Dana Blaisdell

8 Jul 6
Reply by Vic Flessas

Favorite Movie Musicians?

After recently watching and enjoying the Coen Brother's Inside Llewyn Davis, I realized I watch a lot of movies with fictional musicians*.…

Started by Derek

30 Jul 4
Reply by Uncle Marky

January Through June: What are your favorite albums from the first half of 2014?

The older you get, the faster the time goes. And brothers and sisters, the first six months of 2014 have just flown by. Since this site doe…

Started by Jim McGuinness

0 Jul 4

RSS

Sponsors

If you enjoy this site please consider helping us with a small donation!

Don't like PayPal? Mail a check to: No Depression, 460 Bush St., San Francisco, CA 94108

When you shop at Amazon please enter through this search box and No Depression receives a referral fee

Notes

FAQ

Created by No Depression Feb 17, 2009 at 9:06pm. Last updated by No Depression Sep 24, 2012.