Uncategorized (923)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Funny Songs

Okay, Maggie and I spend road trips talking about stuff, and this time she started singing Roger Miller's  - ‘Can't Rollerskate in a Buffal…

Started by Lucky Mud

138 on Saturday
Reply by Dave Crotts

Great artists who only made one great album

Sweet Baby James. I can't tell you how much I love this album. I love a lot of his other work, too. He's always been great, and he's great…

Started by Lost Hills

141 on Friday
Reply by Al Maginnes

Did you ever think what songs you'd want played at your funeral?

I attended Ted Murphy's funeral last week and I'll never listen to these two songs again and not think of Ted: Son Volt's "Windfall" and  T…

Started by Hal Bogerd

113 on Friday
Reply by Bruce Brantley

5 Most Overrated Bands or Singers

My taste differs from many people because I have an Uncle who gave me 3 Frank Zappa records when I was 11 that I immediately fell in love w…

Started by Terry Foldenauer

470 on Thursday
Reply by Leo Walter

Song(s) you're embarrassed to admit you really liked

From high school on. Before that we were too young to know better. And you can't list some obscure song, albeit a bad one, so you can be "h…

Started by David Johnson

162 Apr 8
Reply by Jack Williams

Ear worms - songs you hate but you still know all the words!

Post your poison. 

Started by Hal Bogerd

6 Apr 7
Reply by Ms H

Americana in NYC

I shall be in NYC for an Allman Brothers Band show in March and was wondering if the ND community might have any recommendations for bars/v…

Started by Lyndon Bolton

18 Apr 2
Reply by Lyndon Bolton

Johnny Cash - Would he be considered a "country" artist today? Discuss...

Been thinking about this a lot lately. If Johnny Cash were new on the music scene today, would he be classified as a "country" artist? If n…

Started by Ken Abrams

1 Mar 31
Reply by Sue Rarick

Musicians Wanted: Gallows Ballads Project

I've just posted free audio online for the first two of PlanetSlade's genuine Victorian gallows ballads. I'm hoping these will be just the…

Started by Paul Slade

43 Mar 28
Reply by Paul Slade

A crash course in all things ND - Please tell me your favorite artists

Hello - As some of you know, I'm the founder of LocalMusicVibe.com and I'll soon be a Community Organizer here on ND (with guidance from Ky…

Started by Shelley Champine

37 Mar 27
Reply by Shelley Champine

RSS

Sponsors

If you enjoy this site please consider helping us with a small donation!

Don't like PayPal? Mail a check to: No Depression, 460 Bush St., San Francisco, CA 94108

When you shop at Amazon please enter through this search box and No Depression receives a referral fee

Notes

FAQ

Created by No Depression Feb 17, 2009 at 9:06pm. Last updated by No Depression Sep 24, 2012.